American Eagle Jewelry & Coin, LLC.
Effective Date: July 25, 2018
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The types of personal information users of our Site and customers in Store submit include:
- contact information (such as name, postal address, telephone number and email address);
- payment information (such as payment card details); and purchase and transaction information
INFORMATION WE COLLECT BY AUTOMATED MEANS
Our Site also uses third-party plug-ins for Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter and Etsy. The providers of these plug-ins may collect your data using automated means when you interact with them. This information is collected directly by the providers of the features and is subject to the privacy policies or notices of these providers.
We may use third-party web analytics services on our Site, such as those of Google Analytics WooCommerce. These service providers help us analyze how users use the Site. The information collected for this purpose (including your IP address or other information collected by automated means) will be disclosed to or collected directly by these service providers. To learn more about opting out of these providers’ activities, click the relevant link below:
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may use the information described above to:
- process your payment;
- to the extent permitted by applicable law, send you promotional materials, and communicate with you about, and administer your participation in, special events, programs, offers, surveys and market research;
- respond to your inquiries;
- perform data analyses (including anonymization and aggregation of personal information);
- operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new services; enhancing and improving our services; managing our communications; and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions);
- protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other unlawful activity, claims and other liabilities; and
- comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and our policies.
To the extent permitted by applicable law and with your consent where required, we also use information collected through automated means for purposes such as (i) customizing our users’ visits to our Site, (ii) delivering content (including advertising) tailored to our users’ interests and the manner in which our users browse our Site, and (iii) managing our Site and other aspects of our business.
INFORMATION WE SHARE
In addition, we may disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law or legal process, (ii) to law enforcement authorities or other government entities, and (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity. We also reserve the right to transfer personal information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a reorganization, dissolution or liquidation).
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
To the extent required by applicable law, California residents may ask us to provide them with (i) a list of certain categories of personal information that we have disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year, and (ii) the identity of those third parties. To make this request, California residents may contact us as specified in the How to Contact Us section below.
HOW WE PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information you provide on the Site against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our Site may provide links to other websites for your convenience and information. These websites may operate independently from us. Linked sites may have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly suggest you review. To the extent any linked websites are not owned or controlled by us, we are not responsible for the websites’ content, any use of the websites, or the privacy practices of the websites.
HOW TO CONTACT US
We use analytics cookies to collect information on how users navigate and use our Site, such as the pages they view, how long they stay on a page and whether the page is displayed correctly or whether errors occur. Some of these cookies are provided by third-party analytics providers, including Google Analytics. For more information about these third-party providers’ cookies, please click on the links below:
· For convenience, we have provided links below to the cookie management instructions for popular web browsers:
We collect data from the e-commerce section of our site:
We collect information about you during the checkout process on our store.
What we collect and store
While you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order!
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information for XXX years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses.
We will also store comments or reviews, if you choose to leave them.
Who on our team has access
Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. For example, both Administrators and Shop Managers can access:
- Order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent, and
- Customer information like your name, email address, and billing and shipping information.
Our team members have access to this information to help fulfill orders, process refunds and support you.
What we share with others
In this section you should list who you’re sharing data with, and for what purpose. This could include, but may not be limited to, analytics, marketing, payment gateways, shipping providers, and third party embeds.
We share information with third parties who help us provide our orders and store services to you; for example —
In this subsection you should list which third party payment processors you’re using to take payments on your store since these may handle customer data. We’ve included PayPal as an example, but you should remove this if you’re not using PayPal.
We accept payments through PayPal. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to PayPal, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.